What is Local Internet Marketing?
- A specialty service of IM for Solos that gets local businesses local customers from online sources
- Different from general Internet Marketing in that it targets specific geographic regions
How does Local Internet Marketing work?
- Potential customers use their computer to search for your product or service or to browse the web
- The search engine or other online application reads their IP address to determine their zip code
- Part of the results that appear in searches and in personalized ads will be local businesses like yourself
- Sometimes a map with your location will appear
- Or, reviews about your business may also appear
- The potential customer sees your local business and is interested
- They check out your website and maybe your Facebook Page to make sure you’re a credible business with an image that appeals to them
- Then they call or visit your local business to shop or make a purchase
Why is Local Internet Marketing important for local solopreneurs?
- Statistics show that most shoppers go online for local services before they venture out to your establishment or call you up
- Your business’ first impression is most likely to be made online rather than in person
- People want to read reviews before they visit a local joint, even if it is in a prime location
- They want to get their friends’ input before they commit to a brand, even if it is local and more convenient
What happens when local businesses don’t use Local Internet Marketing?
- Local businesses who don’t advertise and market online get less business than those who do
- As technology improves rapidly and we use more of it in our daily lives, businesses that don’t change with the times will become obsolete
- America was built on solopreneurs and the future of our country may depend on the stability and success of solopreneurs and local business owners just like you
How do I know if IM for Solos Local Internet Marketing is right for me?
- You realize that Internet marketing is no longer optional for savvy solopreneurs
- You have a physical address in the city or cities you conduct business
- You are a solopreneur or small business owner (or work closely for one)
- You are convinced that strategy is essential to Internet marketing success